Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Busy moms recovering from TBF surgery, non weight bearing,  (Read 827 times)

Offline RLLL

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Busy moms recovering from TBF surgery, non weight bearing,
« on: October 22, 2011, 07:12:56 PM »
I am 45 and got my tibial plateau fractured at our local dog park by MY dog running way too fast. That was on 10/10/11. I had surgery on Thursday 10/13/11. I've had knee surgery before on my left leg and I was so much more mobile afterward. Now it's my right leg, it's fully extended and non-weight bearing. I have 5 kids, 4 of which still need a driver to school/activities. The oldest of the 4 has her permit, but needs someone with her. My husband's work schedule is semi-flexible so he has been doing everything! I am so thankful that he is retired military(just in the last 6 months) and isn't deployed. He was gone a LOT during my other knee surgery and it was really hard except that I could drive and was partial weight bearing.

How long after your surgery did some of you get to drive again? Moms, how did you make it through all of the just-sitting-so-your-bone-can-heal? I know it takes a LONG time and I can see myself overdoing things too early because I can't stand it anymore. I'm trying to be patient, but am grieving for things I'm missing this fall. It's my favorite season and I feel so stuck at home.

My pain isn't too bad and I am getting off Percocet as quickly as possible. I can't afford time lost feeling fuzzy brained and out of it. I also need to figure out how to get in and out of my house by myself with crutches up just two steps.