Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Questions for the Denovo NT graft  (Read 591 times)

Offline cheryl416

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Questions for the Denovo NT graft
« on: October 15, 2011, 04:14:07 PM »
I have just had the Denovo tissue graft done on my knee last friday on October 7th.  I am having some questions about it that I never have asked the Doctor .  I really didnt know what to expect going into this procedure.  I know I am supposed to be non weight bearing for two week, but then what?   How long is the pain supposed to last.  I was on pain killers (tylenol 3) before the surgery, then I got the heavy duty stuff after the surgery.    I am sick of taking medicine, but I am sick of hurting.  How long is this pain supposed to last?  I have tried to cut back and even take motrin instead but I am still almost in tears because it hurts soo bad.  I dont want to call my doctor and ask for more medication.  What should I do.  I dont want hiim to think I am an addict.  And I also dont want medication as strong as I have now.  I work for a transcription place and I see what these doctors think when people ask for refills. 

Offline Himself

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Questions for the Denovo NT graft
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 06:12:28 PM »
You are still within two weeks of surgery. I would have no problem calling and asking for more pain medicine.  It's your knee - who cares what anyone else thinks.  I did not have much pain, but then again my knee has been cut so many times that there may not be any nerves left!

See my recent posts on this board as to what-to-expect.  The first three weeks are the hardest mentally, then things get considerably easier. Trust me.  I am at 12 weeks and it is really starting to feel good. Keep your head up!
8/2000: ACL Patellar Autograft/ Meniscectomy
8/2010: Meniscectomy
12/2010: ACL Patellar Allograft
7/2011: Allograft Articular Cartilage Transplant (Denovo NT)

support