Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Hello I am new  (Read 1459 times)

Offline angela

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • I can resist anything but temptation
Hello I am new
« on: December 03, 2003, 11:59:05 PM »
Dear All
Hi I'm a new person.  I only just found the site, which by the way is totally useful!!!!
I have problems with my knees and have had since childhood, after 2 arthroscopies (when I was 16 and 18) and 8 further years of daily dislocation, they have decided to operate and give me a TTT.  This is something I am not looking forward to but my consultant says it's the best way to fix it.
I have two children who are 14 months and 2 and a half, and I can't say how helpfull it is to find out that  am not the only person who has these problems.  THANK YOU KNEE GURU!!!  I am not alone

If anyone wants to chat or anything just drop me a message I'd love to hear from anone who has similar problems

Angie
2 arthroscopies, TTT & LR Left Knee, awaiting TTT & LR Right knee, as well as O A in both joints.  I am a mother of 2 boys and a mental health nursing student

Offline ~*Heather*~

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 4
  • Why me? Why is it always me?
Re: Hello I am new
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 12:00:44 AM »
Angie,

Just wanted to mention that many of here have had TTT's and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. I have only had one TTT and it wasn't for dislocations but for patella baja (low riding kneecap). I had started a thread a while back under the post op section of this board for the TTT folks to discuss their post op experiences. All experiences are unique to the individual but it may give you some ideas as what to expect post op. When are your surgeries scheduled? Wishing you much luck with them.

Take care,
Heather
R knee-2 LR's, 1 ITB Release. L knee-LR/medial plication (2/02).Fell postop 3/02 & ruptured quad tendon.Quad tendon repair (8/02).Led to Patella Baja.TTT w/ Quad tendon reefing 9/03.Screw removal 8/04