Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Help please  (Read 688 times)

Offline amy89

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Help please
« on: October 15, 2011, 09:52:13 AM »
Hi i was wondering if anyone would be able to give me any suggestions with my problem.

I experience alot of pain in my left knee it use to be just on any off if i had being doing alot of walking or horse riding but lately the pain is there all the time even if im just sitting on sofa. I cant kneel on my knee and find it very painful to get back up when been sitting on the ground. The pain goes up to my thigh and can be all around the knee cap. I experience burning, stinging and numbness. I lost feeling in my knee for 10 minutes after riding my horse the once.

Heres the problem ive had xrays nothing showed up, mri nothing showed up, arthroscopy couldnt find any problems. I did 3 months of physio the lady was wondering if it was my Illiotibial band, the stretches didnt help and my consultant didnt agree. The physio lady found a lump under my knee cap which she thought was dead tissue she tried rubbing and massaging it but was extremely painful in the end she deicided it was aggrivating it rather than helping.

My consultant told me to see how it gets as they couldnt find any reason for the pain and other option was to put a plate in my knee but as only 21 he didnt want to go down that route. So im off the waiting list and my pain is getting worse im thinking of going back to doctors but im not sure if anything will help.

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 77
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 11:16:14 AM »
Hi Amy,

You are in a tricky situation as even a scope could not highlight any problems which is unsual if you are in so much pain with your knee. I had knee pain after my knee surgery and there was nothing wrong with my right knee, it was more to do with nerve pain due to tensed up muscles around the knee.

I had IMS intramuscular stimulation dry needling done on the NHS and straight away it helped and after 4 sessions the pain was gone and was able to run again which I could not do before the sessions. I really hope you get to the bottom of what is causing your knee pain and can get it sorted out.

Nick :) {2011} :)
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

support