Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Question on what to expect from a distal realignment.  (Read 519 times)

Offline MamaAce

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Question on what to expect from a distal realignment.
« on: October 16, 2011, 11:52:41 PM »
Hey all,

I am new here, but not to knee issues. I had my first surgery when I was 23 and was told I have the knees of an 80 year old woman.   At that time which was 11 years ago I had a scope with a lateral release. Last November I had a Proximal realignment done on my right knee, they also did another lateral release. In January, I fell in the snow and ended up messing up my knee again. Had to go back in April to have another scope to clean up the damage. A few weeks ago I went in for my final f/u visit and was referred to another surgeon. It has been determined that I need to have a distal realignment done now and I'm kind of wondering if anyone can offer me some insight as to what I'm in for?  The recoverrecovery from the proximal realignment was not fun and was painful. I am a stay at home mom and I need to know what kind of time frame I am looking at for needing someone here to help me.  I don't want to rush this recovery as I am tired of having surgery on this knee.  In case you lost count this will be number 3 in 12 months.

Tia for any help.
Aug 2000-RT Knee scope w/LR
Nov 2000-LT Knee scope w/LR
May 2010-LT Knee proximal realignment w/LR
Nov 2010-RT Knee proximal realignment w/LR
Jan 2010- Fell in snow damaged trochlear groove RT Knee
Apr 2011-RT knee scope
Nov 2011-RT Knee TTT, LR and Distal Realignment

support