Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Pain control for Patellar conflict  (Read 894 times)

Offline sy5gtt

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Pain control for Patellar conflict
« on: October 13, 2011, 09:12:07 AM »
Hi Guy's.

I'm 6 weeks away from having a TTT for the above however the pain at work is now getting unbearable. Just being on my feet at work for an hour causes me a lot of discomfort and gets worse throughout the shift. Is there anything I can do or take to make my 6 weeks a bit more comfortable? I have tried Ibuprofen and it doesn't seem to touch it.

Thanks.

Simon.

Offline jenny1000

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
Re: Pain control for Patellar conflict
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 01:53:54 PM »
Hi, you will need to see your GP for prescription painkillers.  Ibuprofen is very weak.  They might give you other NSAIDs (anti inflammatories similar to ibuprofen) such as diclofenac, naproxen, meloxicam or etoricoxib.  I've tried all of those, I think the first two are most often prescribed.  For me, diclofenac is the most effective by far.  If NSAIDs don't help then they may prescribe opiods such as codeine/co-codamol.  If you've already tried that and that doesn't help then maybe tramadol.  GPs are reluctant to prescribe stronger meds due to problems with dependency.  If you do start taking a NSAID regularly, make sure they put you on something like omeprazole too to protect your stomach, and always take it with food (I found out the hard way!).  Good luck!