Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: nail patella syndrome lateral release and mpfl  (Read 662 times)

Offline dougle2k8

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
nail patella syndrome lateral release and mpfl
« on: October 10, 2011, 10:53:35 PM »
Hello just to introduce myself im mark i had a lateral release and mpfl reconstruction done on the 6 september 2011, i have small knee caps that were sublaxing and my knees where turning inwards through ligament laxity, the surgon came down the day after the operation and said he wanted to do a revision of the operation something about the bone anchors were coming out of the patella at 90 degrees flexion to which i wasnt happy about and he decided to change his tune.

basically im 4 and a half week post op now when i wake up of a morning im at 50 degrees of flexion when i do psyio i manage to get to 85 degrees but 10 mins later if i rest my knee swells up and goes all stiff and im back at 50 degrees is this normal i feel like im making no progress at all.

just thought i would add he back tracked on what he said and is now saying i will make a full recovary by gp wants me to go and get it double checked at the royal national in london and i didnt not have a blind tunnel or through tunnel method as this would rissk breaking the patella where mine are so small and flat
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:58:45 PM by dougle2k8 »