Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Patellar tendon tear  (Read 2157 times)

Offline striket

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Patellar tendon tear
« on: October 08, 2011, 02:16:39 PM »
  Well Im a 34 year old male who just recently became a member of the torn patellar club.  Currently I'm nine days post-op and feel like im at the lowest point in my life.  I have always been highly active and until recently used to frequent the gym anywhere from 4-5 times a week.  Since my surgery i've managed to go to the gym a few times but my weight has dropped from 210 to 194 in a short time.  I have a puppy who requires a lot of attention and I live by myself.  I thought taking him out would be a problem but I've actually done it without my crutches(with a knee brace of course).  Two months ago i graduated from college and was just about to start sending my resumes out.   Guess thats goings to have to be put on hold.  I played ten years of professional baseball and have had multiple surgeries including two back and a reconstructive elbow(tommy john).  I know with the tommy john surgery ROM is key and to this day my elbow is fine.  My problem is that Im going to be doing my own rehad and really dont know where to start.  I take my brace off and lift up on my knee from behind it bending it slightly and thats not a problem.  The pain pills I quit taking and will just have to live with the fact I cant sleep past 5 am, plus they were suppressing my appetite.  Anyways I get my staples out next week and then the real fun begins im guessing.  I just want to know what I can to help myself.  I know its a long process but sitting idly by is making me depressed.  Thanks

Offline John42

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 211
  • Complete Ruptered Patella Tendon 9 Jan 2003
    • Chat with SylviaK4221
Re: Patellar tendon tear
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 10:35:59 AM »
Hi

Having read your post on this thread, you should repost onto the Ruptured Patellar Tendon thread at

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=8389.new;topicseen#new

There are some buddies on this webpage, who should be able to give you some advice.

Keep posting - and ask questions, we are here to help you.

Take care
JohnK/ Manchester UK
Ruptured Patella Tendon January 9 2003
Slipped on black ice.  Manchester UK

Complete Ruptured Tendon