Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: fell on at 5-a-side football 4 days ago, very loose feeling...  (Read 798 times)

Offline n!ck

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
fell on at 5-a-side football 4 days ago, very loose feeling...
« on: October 07, 2011, 11:02:19 AM »
hi all,

am a little worried. over 10 years ago i damaged my right knee, 3 years after it getting worse and worse i eventually had an ACL reconstruction. Not a fun thing to go thru as im sure you'll all agree! you guys helped me out a great deal then.

but now its my other knee, im 32 and and having been thru the above i am fearing the worst again.

this time it feels like its the inside of my knee, medial ligament. the swelling has mostly gone down and i can walk just about ok but it feels SO loose. If i plant my foot and lift while rotating....anti clockwise....i can feel a lurch and in my knee like something isnt right.

its getting me down and i cant stop thinking about it - trying to stay positive but in the back of my mind i've got something saying "its serious". i was just getting back to my life being really active so the idea of stopping running and football again is horrid.

i havent been to docs or hospital cause the actual pain wasn't and isn't bad. plus i know from previous experience that with anything knee related they just tell you to come back if its still bad in 5 weeks.

is it possible for that horrible looseness feeling to go away by its own accord?

is there anything i can do to help it now? or speed up recovery or anything? i'm still elevating and icing when possible.

Offline kneepaincure

• Forum Faithful
Re: fell on at 5-a-side football 4 days ago, very loose feeling...
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 02:24:27 AM »
Does your kneecap ever move out of place? (called a subluxation) It would be a good idea to go see a doctor. It's not necessary that you will be asked to come back in 5 weeks.
Have had tilted kneecaps for many years, and occasional patellar tendinitis.

Offline n!ck

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 10:47:19 AM »
naa, the kneecap is fine..

the slight worrying thing is that now i'm week past the initial injury date pretty much all the pain and swelling has gone - but the feeling of looseness and the feeling of impending pain if i start to twist in the wrong way is still as strong as ever...it really feels like something isn't right.

maybe i'll book an appointment with GP then...

Offline kneepaincure

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 06:29:36 PM »
Sounds like cartilage damage but it's hard to say for sure from your description..
Have had tilted kneecaps for many years, and occasional patellar tendinitis.

support