Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Post surgery pain question  (Read 977 times)

Offline bobsknee42

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Post surgery pain question
« on: October 06, 2011, 01:47:58 AM »
I had arthroscopic surgery in April followed by PT.  The surgeon said he trimmed all three bones and the cartilage. However, since the surgery I have a constant burning sensation in the knee; radiating pain on the inside of my leg along the bone 1/4 of the way to my ankle; no ability to pivot or twist; radiating paid on the outside of the leg when walking; and, upon awaking the knee is stiff.

None of these medications work:  narcotic formulations, Mobic, NASIDs

The only time I do not have pain is when sitting straight with my bad knee crossed over the other knee.

Any ideas on what I should ask the surgeon when I see him Friday?

Offline snowed

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Post surgery pain question
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 04:59:01 AM »
Hey bobsknee, I have gone through similar situation (still unresolved),but my suggestion would be .don't waite force the issue, there could be something wrong that needs immediate attention i had stiffness right from the start the doctor told me its normal. If you do not have total faith in his addressing of your problems get a second opinion but again dont waite. Have faith in what your body is telling you let the doctors prove everything is good dont just take there word on it.It may require more surgery or lots of testing but hold your head high.

things you can ask your doctor to look for
1). maybe you need more time and therapy
2). you may have arthrofibrosis
3). your body could reject the new ligament
4). could be infection
there are many more things it could be but let them know your issues a good doctor will pursue what ever it takes to make sure the results you get are what you wanted from the start. GOOD LUCK

Offline Akntter

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 09:40:30 PM »
Bobs knee- read the section on arthrofibrosis.
Good luck
2/7/11displaced pat fx- 3parts
2/9 OR: Patella, 2 K-wires & fig 8; immobilize; PWB walker
3/3 sutures out; 30 deg flex FWB walker
4/4 90 deg flex start PT
5/7. 120deg flex. Good healing of kneecap. Wean off walker/cane

Offline brianwith2ndknee

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 11:48:19 PM »
This is my secon go around but one thing I have found that has helped other issues is a natural product by Osteo Bio Flex called Glucosamine Chondrotin with Lotril . It takes approx 3 weeks in your body for it to start working but you will notice a dramatic difference in a month . Good luck with the recovery.
Knee Scope and Microfracture 03-2010
OAT's procedure , Reconstruction , Femoral nerve block 10-2011

Wishing everyone a healthy speedy recovery and good luck to all...
Brian S