Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Hope i hear something different  (Read 756 times)

Offline CrazyHorseLady

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hope i hear something different
« on: October 05, 2011, 05:09:39 PM »
I have been dealing with my bad knees since i was 13 years old (i am now 39).  In the last 4 years my knees have taken over my life. I can no longer do any of the things that i used to enjoy doing cause of the pain. I really like my OS but i was getting really tired of hearing... Just keep taking those pain meds we are just biding our time until you are older. Well with 2 step-grandchildren and me raising a very dear friends twins biding my time is no longer an option. So i made an appt with Duke Orthopedics here in NC and hopefully i will hear something other than... well your just to young to do anything we just need to wait it out.
Yes I am the Crazy Horse Lady and I am proudly owned by 6 horses!!!

Offline kneepaincure

• Forum Faithful
Re: Hope i hear something different
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 02:21:20 AM »
All the best to you! Let us know how it goes..
Have had tilted kneecaps for many years, and occasional patellar tendinitis.

Offline elliottl73

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 05:16:08 PM »
I am in NC as well.  If you don't have any luck at Duke I suggest trying DR. Creighton at UNC Sports Medicine.  He as operated on my knee twice and preparing for a third.  He doesn't just say live with it he listens and is very caring and sincere.  If I had some other doctors my injury would have not been found because my MRI was clean but I had a lot of cartlige damage and am now waiting on a cartlige reimplantation procedure. Don't take no for an answer there has to be something other than waiting for it to get worse.

Good Luck
Laurie  :)
9/2010 fell broke nose and injured L knee
10/2010 MRI  negetive
1/21/2011 diagnostic arhtroscopy woke up with MFX
8/11/2011 new MRI showed failed MFX
9/1/2011 Biopsy for carticel
11/1/2011 ACI
5/31/12 scope and microfracture again 1/2 ACI failed
9/2/12 Scheduled OATS,Osteotomy

Laurie

Offline brianwith2ndknee

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 07:19:07 PM »
Has the OS mentioned at all what his findings have been ? Besides that he is waiting for the biological clock time span for a knee replacement . I am 35 and my OS who my wife works for had told me that I was borderline knee replacement material after a failed debridement and microfracture .  I am now recovering from an OAT's procedure and reconstruction , which sounds somewhat similar to Laurie having the cartlidge transfer . Keep us informed of any new news and hopefully you can get on the track of recovery ...
Knee Scope and Microfracture 03-2010
OAT's procedure , Reconstruction , Femoral nerve block 10-2011

Wishing everyone a healthy speedy recovery and good luck to all...
Brian S