Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Anyone know the best knee orthos/surgeons in the New York City area?  (Read 6752 times)

Offline Potosi

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 2
Re: Anyone know the best knee orthos/surgeons in the New York City area?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 11:34:40 PM »
I saw Dr. Grelsamer in July 2009 because I was having a lot of trouble with my patella and arthrofibrosis. I thought he was very nice, caring, and spent a lot of time with me. But he also completely failed to diagnose what was wrong with me, and when my PCP wanted a copy of the clinical notes from the visits, we found out that Dr. Grelsamer did not write anything, as if I had never seen him. I cannot recommend Dr. Grelsamer.

I would also add that I had horrible experiences with two other doctors at Mt. Sinai [edited by KNEEguru]

--------------------------------

Note from KNEEguru - Potosi has been temporarily suspended from posting. On registering all members have to agree not to 'name and shame' individual doctors, and Potosi has done this too many times. I understand that arthrofibrosis is a very distressing problem, but this website has worked hard to try and bring to the attention of the clinical world the importance of early diagnosis and optimum management. Threatening the continued existence of this bulletin board by disobeying the registration rules is counter-productive. There is a private messaging facility on the board. It is not difficult to say that you are available to answer questions about certain negative experiences you have had without exposing the site owner to a libel suit.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 11:53:42 PM by The KNEEguru »

Offline henry1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 10:22:13 PM »
If you cannot talk about your personal experiences with specific doctors, name them and where they work, the usefulness of this site is severely limited. I wanted people to know my personal experiences with doctors and judge accordingly. Ditto for the experiences of others...if I had read about the inadequacies of the doctor who performed surgery on my knee, even though he is at a prestigious institution, i would have been spared much grief. And I have no compunction about naming him although I see now it just will not go up.

Offline starpolisher

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 05:28:48 PM »
This isn't controversial!  I had my surgeries for AF at Hospital for Special Surgery and my surgeon did a brilliant job on my revisions (every doctor who has looked at my x-rays has literally been in awe of his expertise) and the pain mgt. was excellent.

They get stumped when it comes to recommending what PT  after the surgery.  This is where Dr. Sevier absolutely must get his Astym PT known about because HSS has such a good reputation.  Since he's giving a seminar in NYC in January, I will most assuredly write to Dr. Su (who just does hips now but did my knees) as well as a big physical therapy complex in Westchester County about attending this seminar. 

I found that the main problem was everyone with TKR had the same PT.....and I could tell the aggressive PT even months afterward.....was creating more scar tissue.