Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Patellofemoral joint replacement  (Read 855 times)

Offline sabra

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Patellofemoral joint replacement
« on: October 04, 2011, 05:29:02 PM »
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I injured my right knee almost 3 years ago and was having difficulty coming down the stairs. I was subsequently diagnosed with patellofemoral joiny dysfunction. I also had a car accident involving the same knee 10 years ago where my knee hit the dashboard but did not have any problems after that. My initial MRI was normal. Subsequently I went to PT where they gave me wrong exercises and tightened by IT band and ended up damaging my knee cap with grade 3 chondromalacia. I saw another OS who said I could quad strenthening I will be fine. I continue to have clicking, popping, grinding and pain even when I keep my knee bend for more than 15-30 min. At this point I do not know what to do. I am only 40 yrs old. My OS does nor do PFJR and was wondering somebody in this forum knew if OS did this in Houston. Also I was wondering if anybody on this forum had an idea as to what should I do at this point.

Offline LisaDX

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
Re: Patellofemoral joint replacement
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 05:50:23 PM »
I've been looking for PFJR info for a couple of days myself!  Has your doc suggested anything other than PFJR, like Supartz joint fluid replacement or other non-surgical options?  I'm 50 and have had almost the same symptoms as you for more years than I like to think about.  Friends have had good results with Supartz, even if I haven't.  Was the chondromalacia diagnosed through MRI?  Any other findings, like OA?  I know, too many questions.  I feel the same way! 
1975 Left Knee arthrotomy, no diagnosis
1984 Left Knee arthroscopy, no diagnosis
1987 Left Knee Lateral Release, successful
2007 Right Knee Lat. Release, unsuccessful
2011 chondromalacia patella, PF OA
        Arthroscopy, chondroplasty
2011 Diagnosed MS

Offline KW

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • My new PFJR...Love It!!!!
Re: Patellofemoral joint replacement
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 11:25:06 PM »
Sabra - Use the search feather to look for posts by DrMark.  You will find some great information and possibly a OS in Houston.  DrMark is very will thought of by many on this sight...not just for the time he takes posting responses but also as a fantastic OS (I have not had the pleasure of seeing him but have read many posing of those who have).

Best of luck,
Karen
Right Knee
2000 - 2002 - Scope,LR,TTT,Unscrewed
01-10-12 - PFJR

Left Knee
04/07 TTT/LR
08/07 Bone Grth Stim
10/07 Loose/Bent Screw
1/08 Unscrewed/MRI~NON-UNION
02/19/08 Lt  TTT Revision W/Graft
12/09/08 Scope