Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: patella fracture  (Read 1054 times)

Offline scorpasdzx

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
patella fracture
« on: October 01, 2011, 03:45:50 PM »
hi,

i had a terrible bike accident in feb 2011 my thigh and shin bone was fractured which i dont really care about becoz once they r united the pain is gone all i am worried is i also fractured my patella as a result of patella dislocation luckily i havent have any operation on my knee for hardware fixation like thing, i am relly curious about can i be able to bend my leg fully and one more thing do i am sure of having arthritis as i dont even have my knee operated my patella fracure was  healed after one month and doctor said we have to do nothing fr ur knee its alright,   just so curious of arthritis and knee bending ass i am not able to bend my knee fully my plaster was removed in august,     please reply to my question as no one around me are knowlegible enough to answer my question

Offline kneepaincure

• Forum Faithful
Re: patella fracture
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 01:03:28 AM »
How are you so sure that you have arthritis? Have they shown you x-rays or MRIs with cartilage damage? Or has the doctor confirmed it with a scope? There's no way to just guess at it.
You may have trouble bending your knee due to scar tissue that has formed after the dislocation. If your doctor isn't able to answer your question then try and find one who can. Increasing range of motion of your knee has to be done with medical supervision so that you don't cause any damage.
Have had tilted kneecaps for many years, and occasional patellar tendinitis.

Offline scorpasdzx

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 12:11:21 PM »
thnx kneepaincure,  no doctor hasnt told me that i have arthritis, thank GOD, but i read that people who suffer from joint injury must have arthritis afterwards, i want to ask that my doctor said i will be able to bend 98% of my knee but here are people on this forum who said that they can bend thier knee fully(though after though exercises) after curing their patella who broke into 3 pieces mine was just dislocation and a fracture due to blow, but all this recovered in plaster which for my tibia fracture which also broke in accident, do i have hope that i can bend my knee fully,   please reply to me knee pain cure, i am only 23 years old and have to do lot of hardwork to earn

Offline kneepaincure

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 03:42:47 PM »
It's possible that because your leg healed in a plaster that the knee's range of motion is now restricted. And everyone has a different rate of healing so it's no point comparing..

Where are you located? Maybe someone here can suggest a good orthopedic doctor to you..

Offline scorpasdzx

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »
i am out of uk these days,

i were in pakistan when this accident happens, now i am waiting for the day to have complete rehabilitation and thnx very much fr helping me out i hope that one day i will be like before,

Offline kneepaincure

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 07:29:07 PM »
Well I have no idea about UK doctors since I'm in the US, but maybe someone else can suggest an OS to you..

Don't give up hope.. You're young and can heal if you go in the right direction..