Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: About picture resizing  (Read 5478 times)

Offline JuhaH

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
    • Own site
About picture resizing
« on: September 21, 2011, 08:46:07 AM »
Hi there,

I think it is great way to explain things to other patients with pictures included in the middle of text. For some reason the forum software automatically resizes the images too small. The images are resized by this forum to the width 200 pixels and height is 151. I think 200 pixels is way too small and pictures becomes useless. Here's one example from the topic I tried to use pictures but pictures are way too small to see.

Is is possible to change resizing for example to 400 pixel so that pictures are visible to the Kneeguru forum users? Many thanks in advance for your help  :)
Skiing accident in january 2010. Left knee, medial joint space narrowing and constant pain following partial meniscectomy (30% medial meniscus left). Trying to prolong the knee replacement as long as I can.

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 114
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: About picture resizing
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 12:18:52 PM »
Hi
I just want to try pasting in a couple of images to check the problem -

and

OK - I see from this that images that start off larger than 200 pixels are re-sized, while images that start off smaller are left their original size. I hit the MODIFY button and saw that the re-sized image specifies the image size, and I manually increased it to 400 pixels, but the system over-rode it and brought it back to 200 pixels, so clearly the system is set to do just that, as you say.

I will have a word with Leah, our technical person, to ask what the bandwidth issues might be of allowing larger images, and I will get back to you.

KNEEguru
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 05:01:09 PM by Leah »
--
KNEEguru

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 114
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 07:24:57 PM »
Hi again
Leah has changed this so that images can be up to 600 pixels - any bigger would break page layouts.
KNEEguru
--
KNEEguru

Offline IMF73

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 09:03:16 PM »
I have the same issue

support