Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: OS can't be right???  (Read 960 times)

Offline cannon

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
OS can't be right???
« on: September 16, 2011, 03:39:02 AM »
Wiped out playing soccer, leg got stuck behind me when I fell, couldn't walk up or downstairs since or bend at a certain point.  MRI negative 1st OS said there was nothing wrong so I got a 2nd opinion who did a scope and found some articular cartilage damage.  he mentioned plica just before surgey, 1st I had heard of it.  After surgery said I had medial plica but klooked normal.  pain is the same
as he never did anything besides probe the cartilage.
  My main question is I have this thick band that runs from just above my knee, which seems to insert into my quad tendon and runs along the medial side of my knee into the joint line.
  Just touching it does not hurt at all, but if I put my fingers between that and the joint it hurts like crazy until it snaps under my fingers, then knee flexes perfectly, everywhere before and after that there is no pain.
  I am in canada and getting a 3rd opinion is tough with our free healthcare.
  This sound familiar to anyone?  Its been about 1.5 years since the injury and it is not healing,
 thanks for the time
Drew

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
Re: OS can't be right???
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 04:39:29 AM »
sounds like you could have an issue with the mcl or vmo, that area of the knee. I'd persist in going back to the OS you've got, show him the area that is painful, in detail, and even take someone with you. If you can demonstrate how the joint motion "catches" in his presence, that could be the best attention getter. oftentimes docs will listen better to patients when they have an advocate with them, than when it's dr and patient alone. Dunno why, but it seems that one often gets taken more seriously when you've got backup. weird but true.
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

support