Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Overweight and in pain!  (Read 561 times)

Offline lastchancesaloon2

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Overweight and in pain!
« on: September 15, 2011, 05:06:50 PM »
I have been trying to lose weight since may - and I have been doing ok.  :) Initially I started with low impact exercise (Cycling, swimming cross trainer), but as I got more confident, have moved onto circuits and basketball classes too. The thing is, my right knee is now getting so painful after excercise, I don't know if I am doing anything wrong? Its always been a little sensetive, and I really don't want to stop exercising completely as I still have about 3 stone to lose (lost 2 so far) but the day after the gym or basketball, I really struggle to bend my knee, it grinds as I walk up the stairs, and the pain is increasing - its also starting to affect my right hip now, as I think I am trying to accomodate it. Am I being a pansy and I need to man up, or am I damaging myself? Please help! ???

Offline KAP

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Overweight and in pain!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 01:31:49 AM »
My advice is to see your GP. It sound like something is not right and if you are in pain thats your body telling you something. Good work on the weight loss its not easy I know. Maybe just try to do the stuff that doesnt make your knee hurt but defo go and get it checked out