Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: knee flexion  (Read 1413 times)

Offline scorpasdzx

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
knee flexion
« on: October 05, 2011, 03:25:44 PM »
hi, i want to know how much is 147 degrees of knee flexion can anyone tell me how much inches away will be my heel away from my hip, thnx

Offline kneepaincure

• Forum Faithful
Re: knee flexion
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 02:20:06 AM »
Not too sure.. You can try googling it though.
Have had tilted kneecaps for many years, and occasional patellar tendinitis.

Offline scorpasdzx

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 12:49:21 PM »
tried a lot but didn't find any answer, as google always give u thing u dont need at that time

Offline Kaputt_Knee

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • [Ed: Sue sadly passed away in 2016]
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 05:25:41 PM »
To be honest with 147 of flex you have more than the average (135), so what is your problem in reality?

As to whether you can bring your heel to your backside - look in a mirror and practise! Nobody except flexible little kids can do it straight off. you need to get your joint used to over extending and you also need to train your quads and hip extensors to accept this manoeuvre.

::)
1989 big trauma R. knee - sorted
1990-2004 3ACL recons and 20+ arthroscopies -RK
3/06 LK ACL torn!
4/06 ACL recon, kneecap broken
09 &10/06- 2x meniscus trims
3/07 - Notch Plastic & Lateral Release
14/8/08 complete revision ACL plus LCL/PLC recon
6/2/09 returned to skiing! Whoopee

Offline scorpasdzx

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 06:50:35 PM »
dear my problem is that i am a muslim and u know we need deep knee bending in our prayers i just want to how much is 147 degrees or in other words 98% of total knee flexion with respect to muslims, if u can tell me i will be relieved with my long way tension whether i will live normally i am near 6 foot person( 5f 11in)  my concern is as i am tall i need more flexion than a normal guy to sit and get out af a car sit in public transports going, have to jump or u can say if sometimes i shut my house main gate and my keys left inside so i have to climb the gate to come inside, things were so nice before my accident but i am worried if i will ever do those things again, i terribly miss my old days my leg are my pride so if u can help me that with 98% of total knee ROM i could ever do those things again

Offline Kaputt_Knee

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • [Ed: Sue sadly passed away in 2016]
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 07:33:05 PM »
1. I am not your " dear", so don' t be patronising.
2. Had you said you needed the flex to enable you to pray, you should have said so.

The best way to achieve this is still to practise. The Lord will not punish you if your body no longer functions as well as it used to.

Start by kneeling as low as you can, then push and hold for a short period. Do not bounce during this hold. Relax and stand up and shake out your leg muscles, then repeat. Gradually you will achieve a better position and be more comfortable. Do not attempt to push too much each time, a little and practise until you are comfortable, then extend your flex again until you have the best your body can cope with. I have Moslem friends who are unable to kneel at al but they still make their obeisance to Allah, they do it in the best way possible for their bodies. One is in a wheelchair and another has had a total knee replacement.
 :)
1989 big trauma R. knee - sorted
1990-2004 3ACL recons and 20+ arthroscopies -RK
3/06 LK ACL torn!
4/06 ACL recon, kneecap broken
09 &10/06- 2x meniscus trims
3/07 - Notch Plastic & Lateral Release
14/8/08 complete revision ACL plus LCL/PLC recon
6/2/09 returned to skiing! Whoopee

Offline scorpasdzx

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 08:51:53 PM »
thnx anyways

Offline Fathead D

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 09:17:24 PM »
Sounds like Kaput knee needs to chill out a little bit. 

For me, 135 degrees of flexion puts my heel right next to my butt.
11/29/2010 Lateral Release left knee
1/2011 Cortizone injection left knee
4/1/2011 Lateral Release right knee
5-6/2011 Supartz injection series (5)
12/12/2011 TTT and Lateral Release repair left knee

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 402
  • Neelie knee!
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 09:48:37 PM »
I would think it would be best to work with a sports physio on how to achieve this or whether it is even something that is sensible to try to achieve in light of whatever you did to your knee (you don't say in this thread).  Yoga is great for flex as well as regular controlled stretching.  If not a physio, maybe try a personal Trainer at a gym if you belong.

Unfortunately as we get older we lose some of our flexibility, notwithstanding any type of injury or surgery (although my knee is broadly ok, I am unable to kneel comfortably on it, and have been told by surgeons and physios alike in light of the damage to the bones I may never be able to).  It may be that you need to adapt what you are doing to how your knee is now

Definitely seek some professional help, I wouldn't try to do this alone without guidance, once injured and weakened knees are far more easy to injure than those that are intact

Good luck :)
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

Offline aaa

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 02:53:49 PM »
I'll second what Vickster says - do this with professional help.

It is good to be able to pray with full range of motion, but at the same time there is not supposed to be any hardship in religion, in the sense that practising your religion is not to be difficult .. there is leniency and allowance, for example praying in a chair

I hope you will be able to acheive a full range of motion, but be patient and do with professional help.

I know many Muslims, young and old who pray in a chair or modify there prayer a bit due to injuries, etc.

Again, it is good that you want to get a full range of motion and strength back, so  keep praying, hoping, and working to acheive it - but don't put yourself into undue difficulties or overwork your knees.

I read some of your other posts - keep your faith strong , remember {And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient} [Al-Baqarah 2:155]

« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 03:06:17 PM by yb »

Offline scorpasdzx

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 04:21:07 PM »
thnx victor and yb u guys helped me alot thnx a lot now i am relieved that i am not only 1 who will have to sit in chair and offer pray there are many other young as well, again thnx may ALLAH bless you guys