Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Update: Hospital Appointment Yesterday!  (Read 999 times)

Offline anna82marie

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 2
  • Keep smiling; people will wonder why!!
Update: Hospital Appointment Yesterday!
« on: September 13, 2011, 11:10:03 AM »
Firstly, my apologies for not being on here for a few days! I promised an update once I had seen my OS, so here goes:

I went to the hospital yesterday morning to see what the next step re. my missing ACL/CRPS/Arthrofibrosis is. I thought that surgery would be at an end, but apparently not! They think the locking in my knee is caused by a mechanical block and probably a re-build of scar tissue, so they're ordered another MRI which will take 4-6 weeks to come through. Back to consultant beginning of November to discuss results and then probably onto the surgery list (about 18 weeks) to remove 'mechanical block', re-formed scar tissue and the internal stich that hasn't disolved! Back to the waiting game for me!  :(

How many times will they go in to remove scar tissue before they give it up as a bad job and I have to just 'get on with it'? I feel really bad for my surgeon; he must be sick to the back teeth of seeing me and having to remove scar tissue again and again!  :-\ Am I not working it hard enough? I do 30 minutes on a static bike (3 x 10mins) a day and 2 or 3 rounds of physio and 30 - 60 mins per time. I feel like life is revolving around physio and excercise!

I really wish I could eat chocolate right now however that wouldn't help the excess stone that I am trying to shift!  :'(

Love to you all xxx

Offline Brambledog

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 10
Re: Update: Hospital Appointment Yesterday!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 11:11:28 PM »
Hi Anna,

Sorry you've got to go through it all yet again. Did he have any more long-term solutions or is he just going to keep tidying your knee up forever?! Some clever-clogs surgeon needs to come up with some way of minimising scar tissue formation, it causes such a lot of misery.

A couple of chocs aren't that big a deal considering how well you're doing - that's what I've just told myself anyway (nom nom). Give yourself a bit of a treat girl!

Take care,

Brams x.  ;)
2009 - diagnosed coeliac
Aug 2011 - L knee arthroscopy
Aug 2011 - diagnosed PF arthritis L knee
Nov 2011 - diagnosed CRPS L knee
Dec 2011 - MRI R knee, PFOA is worse than L!
June 2012 - no surgery 'til TKR's
Nov 2012 - CRPS spread to L foot/thigh, increasing pain
- Worsening pain/symptoms R knee
;-)

Offline WonkeyDonkey

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 09:46:14 AM »
Hi Anna

Sorry to hear to have yet another op and a long wait. You need to ask OS to work on minimisng scar tissue forming, might help his work load!!!!!

Think you go to same hospital and OS as me, I was put on waiting list in June and last week was told, when I phoned that it would be late December- January 2012 before i got my op. That makes somewhat more than 18 weeks!!

Hope all knees are good today!!

WD

Offline anna82marie

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 2
  • Keep smiling; people will wonder why!!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 10:03:02 AM »
Thanks for your replies! I will ask him in November what his long term plans are and go from there I guess. Another surgery is no big deal, it just means putting off going back to work and driving again; I was really looking forward to getting some independence back! I don't think I'd trust anyone else with my knee now, my OS has done such a good job so far, it's my body that's not cooperating!

Off to see Macbeth on Friday and Newbury show Sunday, so getting out for a bit this weekend; let's hope the weather is ok!

Love Anna x

Offline elliottl73

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 03:42:36 PM »
WOW I can't imagine waiting that long for treatment.  I am anxious waiting til 1 NOV 11 and that it only because wew are waiting for my biopsy to grow to repair the lesion.  I was told I needed surgery in the last week of Aug and had surgery 1 Sept 11.  I guess that is the difference between there and the states.  I sure an thankful for the medical coverage we have.
  Hope all goes well for you
9/2010 fell broke nose and injured L knee
10/2010 MRI  negetive
1/21/2011 diagnostic arhtroscopy woke up with MFX
8/11/2011 new MRI showed failed MFX
9/1/2011 Biopsy for carticel
11/1/2011 ACI
5/31/12 scope and microfracture again 1/2 ACI failed
9/2/12 Scheduled OATS,Osteotomy

Laurie

support