Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Microfracture Surgery in April 7th 2011 Still having pain.  (Read 1030 times)

Offline LLBLOUNT

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Microfracture Surgery in April 7th 2011 Still having pain.
« on: September 06, 2011, 03:55:20 PM »
I had my second microfracture surgery (first was eight years ago) and broken cartlidge cleaned up April 7th this year.  I am still having alot of pain even when sitting.  The pain sometimes is like electric signals.  Pain when standing always.  Is this normal for 5 months out?  I don't recall my last one being like this.  I have a Dr. appt tomorrow.  Just wondering if he is going to tell me that I  haven't given it enough time.  It effects everything I do in my life and with my family.

Offline LLBLOUNT

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Microfracture Surgery in April 7th 2011 Still having pain.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 02:03:45 AM »
Saw my Dr. Yesterday.  We are going forward with the OATs procedure.  He is consulting with another Dr. now to determine if am also a candidate for an Osteotomy befpre we set the surgery date.  Seems like alot of surgery at one time.  However, if this is what it takes to make the daily pain better then I'm all for it.  Was wondering if anyone else has had these two procedures done at the same time?  What pain level can I expect with this surgery?  What is the recovery period before you can return to work?  I have asked these questions from my Dr. but was wondering what others experiences are. Hope someone out there can lend some insight.