Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Both Knees Chondromalacia  (Read 960 times)

Offline CARLB3

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Both Knees Chondromalacia
« on: September 05, 2011, 09:00:23 PM »
After 18mths of PT VMO strengthening for inner knee pain starts after cycling and lasts for weeks but never really goes away fully, right knee has also started hurting...seemed to start after leg extensions to sort left knee out..damn knees. Anyhow MRIs done on both knees and show everything intact apart from cyst behind right knee. Saw surgeon last week he said VMO strengthening is useless as you cannot isolate inner quad and just give up cycling. Other option is "to stick a camera in knee to find out what is wrong, but he said it is probably chondro if anything as he could not bring pain on by bending my knees and did not seem to accept chronic aching and stabbing as real problems. Any experience of chondro successful smoothing as I would love to be able to ride a bike again without pain.
[note from KNEEguru: I took the liberty of correcting your spelling so that people can locate your thread via the search facility. The correct spelling is chondromalacia - not chrondromalacia. I know this is a common mistake as I see it all over the web and this site.)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 10:04:01 AM by The KNEEguru »