Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Sliding left knee No answers  (Read 835 times)

Offline Slippyknee

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 10
  • LK dislocation, lcl laxity, pcl torn twice,
Sliding left knee No answers
« on: September 05, 2011, 03:02:35 PM »
Hello everybody,
I'm new here.

About 18 months ago my left knee slid out of place without any warning or prior problems.

I was coming off the last step in a shop when it felt like the top half of my leg slid forward and sideways, I dropped down to the floor in agony,
I was put in a ambulance and taken to the local a&e where I was xrayed & put in a hip to toe cast given crutches & told to come back in 2 weeks,

I couldn't walk on it for a week at first because of the pain then it started to settle down.
I went back the following week and told it was doing ok and I was to keep the cast on for a further 4 weeks,

I was told i'd damaged my lcl but it had healed nicely.
To cut along story short i've had 3 more knee sliding  episodes to date
I've seen 3 os's had countless xrays, mri's and two scopes but they can't tell me what's wrong with my knee.

I've just come out of another cast and have been put in a massive brace and told to start physio again and go back in 6 months!!!!
I'm terrified to try and walk anywhere without the brace on and nowhere nearer finding any answers.

Can anyone help?

LK dislocation,  cartlege trim, 20% lateral meniscus removed
Lcl laxity,  pcl tears, mcl tear

Offline Sophiejo1990

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Sliding left kneeNo answers
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 06:07:36 PM »
Hi

I haven't really got any advice, but I am suffering a similar problem to you so have just started my own post for advice. My problem is the same but with right knee, just waiting for scope to have a look in my knee but so far mri clear. Consultants are all about ready to give up on me and send me to pain management.

What's your experience been like.

Sophie x

Offline Slippyknee

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 10
  • LK dislocation, lcl laxity, pcl torn twice,
Re: Sliding left knee No answers
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 08:37:14 AM »
Hi.
So sorry your having knee problems,

I've read your other
Post and it sounds like we're both being fobbed off cause they can't find a problem.

I'm walking without crutches now but in a huge leg brace with hinges,
Does your knee feel like the top half of your leg move seperately to the bottom when you have problems?

I've not had any locking of my knee it just gives way without warning and down I go!!
I just want some answers but feel like i'm getting nowhere fast and running out of options.
Hope yot get some answers, please keep me posted

sb
LK dislocation,  cartlege trim, 20% lateral meniscus removed
Lcl laxity,  pcl tears, mcl tear