Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Possibly Torn ACL again?  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Z u l u

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Possibly Torn ACL again?
« on: September 01, 2011, 05:02:32 AM »
Hi just a quick question for anyone who can help, basically i had an ACL reconstruction in january of this year, and in a couple of months i was hoping to be back to full activity, footie etc.

Anyway i went out to a nightclub with my friends, and yes i was having myself a little boogie, when i slipped and felt somthing, not entirely sure what it was and can't really describe it either, what i do know is it hurt no where near as much as when i ruptured it, i was helped outsidde by two friends. i woke up the next day to a nicely swollen knee, it was fully weight bearing so i could stand on one leg fine, but the swelling was greatly limiting the range of movement that i could perform, im two weeks on from the incident now, and i have my full range of motion back although i can still feel a bit of a niggle.

Do you guys think that this is somthing to be worried about?

Any help is appreciated.

Offline Himself

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Possibly Torn ACL again?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 05:43:31 AM »
I would be worried enough to try and get an MRI to deny/confirm any damage to the graft.  Those grafts take awhile to get to full strength, but it sounds like this happened ~month 7-8, so you might be alright depending what type of graft it was. However, you don't want to go through the next 10 years with the illusion that your knee is stable if it isn't (trust me).
8/2000: ACL Patellar Autograft/ Meniscectomy
8/2010: Meniscectomy
12/2010: ACL Patellar Allograft
7/2011: Allograft Articular Cartilage Transplant (Denovo NT)