Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee pain - the third party in my relationship...  (Read 12468 times)

Offline anna82marie

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 2
  • Keep smiling; people will wonder why!!
Re: Knee pain - the third party in my relationship...
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2012, 12:39:12 PM »
I would quite happily be a medical guinea pig - they couldnt make my leg much worse, so I don't think I'd have much to lose! Not sure which I'd prefer a cure to; arthrofibrosis or CRPS - they both suck!

Having a bit of a low day today, but it's started to rain and I have lots to do today. Need to get the flat clean and tidy, but also have lots of studying to do as I'm a little behind!

I hope you're right about wonky; might drop her an e-mail! It's a shame that there are so many of us long standing members and it's always nice to hear the good outcomes (even if it does make us fractionally envious - not that we'd ever admit that!) and success stories.

Hope today finds you well rested and not in too much pain.

Anna x (Not frankenleg today - she's in trouble.)

Offline Brambledog

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2012, 01:45:24 PM »
Lol, poor Frankenleg, she doesn't do it on purpose..... (or does she?!)

The leg was pretty crap last night tbh, and is on high alert today. It's chilly and damp here too, it's rained since midday so far! Atmospherics have something to answer for I think. Sorry yours is misbehaving too, arthrofib on top of CRPS is pretty mean.

I freely admit that I would indeed be envious of the recovered absentees!!! It's lovely to know that people have recovered and are doing well, but it does highlight ones own shortcomings, if you know what I mean... ::) I think it's only natural to wish you were able to get better and just put it all behind you. Still. No point pining after things we can't have - just have to make the best of things, grrr. But it do hope Wonky is one of the lucky ones.

I am sitting on the sofa with my hooded fleece on, looking out of the window at the pouring rain on this grey day. After all the lovely sunshine it feels like a foretaste of winter, and I have to confess to really quite dreading this one. I remember last winter when my leg was so bad and no-one knew why, then I had the CRPS diagnosis and the drug debacle before that started to help, and I spent so much of it looking out of the window and trying to amuse myself. But I kept telling myself it was just while I recovered and then got better, and that I would beat it. So in that respect I feel I've failed. Despite a year of physio and exercises, I'm still not back at work or any sport, and although my quad strength has improved a bit, I still struggle with everything! I've ditched the crutches, but mainly because my R knee got so bad that I couldn't deal with them! :o Dear me, if I was a dog I'd be hiding from the vet!!!!!!

Anyhow. I'm going to contact the OU and see what I can do course-wise, and if I'm too late for the autumn ones then I'll start one of my old courses and brush up on something! Got to have a purpose or shall go insane....if I haven't already.....

Hope you have a good day nd the leg perks up a bit. We're off to my parents for a good old slap-up Sunday lunch later on, roast beef with lots of veg or roasted spuds. Yummy. Warms the very soul. 8)

Brams  ;)
2009 - diagnosed coeliac
Aug 2011 - L knee arthroscopy
Aug 2011 - diagnosed PF arthritis L knee
Nov 2011 - diagnosed CRPS L knee
Dec 2011 - MRI R knee, PFOA is worse than L!
June 2012 - no surgery 'til TKR's
Nov 2012 - CRPS spread to L foot/thigh, increasing pain
- Worsening pain/symptoms R knee
;-)

Offline WonkeyDonkey

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2012, 05:06:14 PM »
Hi guys

I didn't realise that I have been missed! I am still around and still checking in with all those knees that have helped me along the way.

News is good and bad, as although I am now nearly 11 months post HTO, this op appears to have been successful, however I found out in June that I have another tear in the good old meniscus. Kind of feels as if this was were I started!! Probably looking at another arthroscopy but it is a 9 month waiting list. Back in June OS suggested PRP Injections as an alternative as I didn't want another op. Had to change hospital appointment after physio said my knee was getting worse rather than better, so advised to have appointment sooner rather than later. I am going to hospital a week on Monday, so hoping to see OS and make a decision.

Anna, glad to hear you have sorted out your husband and you have someone more understanding to frankenleg. Drop me an email and lets have a catch up.

Brams, I am not yet an absentee, if only. Don't know how you two manage on crutches, I found it hard enough for a few weeks, so you have my admiration that you keep going and are so positive about life, doing courses etc. I may even look up vision2learn myself and see if there is anything I fancy doing!

Keep in touch and stay positive.

Love WD

Offline Brambledog

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2012, 08:53:29 PM »
 :D Hi Wonky!!!!

Good to hear from you, sorry i must have managed to miss you on here! - I have not being looking through the threads like I used to! I'm sorry your meniscus is not so good, must be immensely frustrating. Hope your OS can sort you out ASAP...  I'm not on crutches at the moment myself, as both knees are suffering quite badly, so I'm at shuffle stage, lol - if I use the crutches to rest the CRPS knee it's just too hard on my R knee.

On the courses front, I don't really know anything about vision2learn (lack of attention, lol) so I'll just be going back to the good old OU. They do a sort of pay-by-installments deal as well, which is the only way I can afford it now!!

Take care of yourself, and I hope you've had a good weekend.

Brams  ;)
2009 - diagnosed coeliac
;-)

Offline LindaM

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2012, 12:09:02 AM »
Hi to all,

I just spent the last 15 minutes reading the recent posts from everyone, guess the gang wanted to get together in a big way.  I had a very uneventful PKR and recovery and was back to work in 6 weeks.  I feel I have my life back.  Now I have 5 years of unfinished work in our house and basement to catch up with since I finally can go up and down the stairs without paying for it the rest of the day.

Even though I am doing well, my husband has to be reminded that I can do things myself.  He is so used to me being in pain that he forgets I have recovered.  I feel really blessed to have a husband so caring. My arthritis has put some new limits on-my thumbs are now bone-on-bone, but not bad enough yet to look at surgery.  I am getting by with cortisone shots and they are still working.

I hope to follow along with this thread and hear of each success as it comes and add a word or support when success doesn't come fast enough.  Brams, thanks for bringing us all back into each others lives.

Linda :)

>20 yrs. osteo and inflammatory arthritis, fibromyalgia
meniscus repair Sept. 2009
right PKR June 2010
left PKR Feb. 2012

Offline Brambledog

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2012, 12:19:23 PM »
Hi Linda!

I am so happy for you!!!! ;D :D It's lovely to hear how well you're doing, must be great to have to remind your husband not to be so over-protective, lol! I can imagine it'll take him some time to readjust as well I suppose. Bless, it makes you realise how hard he worked to get into that frame of mind in the first place... I might go and get mine a treat tomorrow just to say thanks - I've said it lots of times, but I bet he'll be chuffed at the gesture. Awww.

And it's a real pleasure, Linda. Should have done it ages ago... ::)

Brams  ;)

2009 - diagnosed coeliac
;-)