Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: General aches and pains after ACL reconstruction  (Read 829 times)

Offline kingadinhio

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
General aches and pains after ACL reconstruction
« on: August 22, 2011, 07:33:56 PM »
hi, I am 4 months post ACL reconstruction and think I am doing ok, I am jogging, doing lots of cycling and doing lunges, squats etc.  The knee feels strong and I dont ever think it is unstable but i do get lots of little aches and pains when exercising, I assume this is normal but wondered what other peoples experience is around this time after an ACL reconstruction.

One other thing, when i kneel down on my knees and sit down towards my bottom, the operated knee is still too painful to go all the to allow me fully down to my heel, is this likely to improve?

Thanks in advance for any info

Chris

Offline Himself

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: General aches and pains after ACL reconstruction
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 11:54:43 PM »
Your knee is still a little unstable, it usually takes 6-9 months before the graft is fully revascularized, and closer to a year if it is a cadaver graft.  However, general aches and pains lasted for about 6-months with both of my ACL surgeries, especially when I would start to feel good, get cocky, and push it in the gym or in therapy.  Keep up the hard work  - it will pay off!

Even 11 years after my first ACL I still can't kneel comfortably.  Probably never will.
8/2000: ACL Patellar Autograft/ Meniscectomy
8/2010: Meniscectomy
12/2010: ACL Patellar Allograft
7/2011: Allograft Articular Cartilage Transplant (Denovo NT)

support