Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: How did I tear my meniscus?  (Read 775 times)

Offline thetruthh34

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
How did I tear my meniscus?
« on: August 20, 2011, 02:39:24 AM »
Hi,

In about december of 2010... I was going down the stairs carrying a box. Near the end of the stairs I missed a step and I fell right down. I ended up sitting on the step. I remember my left leg was slighting bend towards the right not not completely since their was a box between my legs.

I did not twist my knee. but I did feel pain on the side of my knee right after. I was walking normally and even walked back up the stairs fine. The pain was actually not bad I didnt think anything of it. Even the next couple of days there was no pain. I did not notice some pain till Feb 25 of 2011 when I felt a pinch in my knee going up the stairs.

Im just wondering how I could have torn my meniscus doing this?

Its a flap tear in the posterior horn of the medial meniscus

Offline LadyLeprechaun

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • Fly me to the moon!
Re: How did I tear my meniscus?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 05:25:54 PM »
The meniscus can be torn in various ways. An injury to it affects different people in different ways. Sometimes it needs no treatment, others it needs surgical repairs. The pain can be acute and severe, spontaneous and moderate, mild and temporary, or like yourself, dormant just to pop up out of nowhere. Did you 'turn' on the knee the wrong way to make the pain resurface? Talk to your OS about the degree of injury and treatments. I hope you feel better soon!The meniscus can be torn in various ways. An injury to it affects different people in different ways. Sometimes it needs no treatment, others it needs surgical repairs. The pain can be acute and severe, spontaneous and moderate, mild and temporary, or like yourself, dormant just to pop up out of nowhere. Did you 'turn' on the knee the wrong way to make the pain resurface? Talk to your OS about the degree of injury and treatments. I hope you feel better soon!
1991- MisDX Chondromalacia
1992-97- Continued Worsening Pain
2000- Failed LR Both Knees
2002- Failed PT
2003- Dx Severe Patella Lateral Tilt
2006- PT Learned to Walk Again
2011- Euflexxa for Grade 4 Chondro
1/06/2012-Fulkerson, LR, and Scope, I'm FINALLY fixed!!

support