Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Chrondromalacia - Has stem cell or prolotherapy worked for anyone?  (Read 878 times)

Offline HoopaBear

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hello,

I had an injury while running on a trail, and also was playing tennis.  The injury hurt a lot, but a first doctor told me that it was okay to keep to everything, as I only had a sprain.  He was wrong, but I went back to tennis after a two week hiatus, and went back to pain.  After 9 weeks, I requested a MRI, and refused steriods.  The MRI just came back with two torn meniscus, chrondomalacia of the medial compartment and slight for the patella.  I also do have a MCL sprain.  I read about the stem cells and prolotherapy, and discontinued the NSAIDs.  The irony is that the joint is feleling better without any NSAIDS, but I am still very sore.  I beleieve the science is logical behind the stem cells and the prolotherapy (but only prolo that uses the bone marrow, as that also is really a stem cell therapy.  I found there are several doctors out there purporting these treatments work without any surgery.  Has anyone had any luck with one of these therapies?  Has anyone tried it and had problems?  I would like to know more.  They only offer these as "experimental".  The National Institute of Health seems to support the sceince, but also warn it may be too early to yet go for?  The problem, as I see it, is that these are much more effective if done early?  Any feedback will be appreciated.  Thanks

Offline marti124

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Chrondromalacia - Has stem cell or prolotherapy worked for anyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 06:01:27 PM »
I had a stem cell bone marrow prolotherapy from caringmedical.com (Dr. Ross Hauser) in a Chicago suburb 2 weeks ago and so far I am completely happy with the procedure.  My knee (a complex torn meniscus known by a MRI) is 200% better than before the surgery.  The doctor thinks I'll need the procedure done 2-4 times (due to my age, 62).  I think I may luck out and only need it 2-3 times seeing how well I feel now.  The procedure is very affordable from caringmedical.com (as opposed to say doing it from Regenexx.com in Denver).

See my Google Profile https://profiles.google.com/104440166440169700478#104440166440169700478/about
for many threads/links on this procedure.  My Views from the Top postings provide extensive bibliographic/links.

I'm in a rush today so have to stop now.

Keep us posted!

All the best.

Roleigh

support