Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: opinions on the bledsoe 20.50 brace?  (Read 3018 times)

Offline hinata42691

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
opinions on the bledsoe 20.50 brace?
« on: August 13, 2011, 04:19:42 PM »
I'm recovering from a Fulkeron TTT and MCL/LCL repair (almost 8 weeks post op). Next Friday I go back to the doctor and finally get rid of the "monster" (my 10 strap, full leg brace that I have to wear a sleeve under because I'm allergic to the material...). I'll be getting some sort of patellafemoral (sp?) brace and was trying to look up some on my own to see what was available. So far the one I like best (and plan to show to my OS to see if it would work) is the Bledsoe 20.50. I like that it looks easy to put on (only has 4 straps), has clip-type closures rather than lots of velcro (looks like that anyway), is strong and light, and is meant to support the patella, MCL, and LCL (all 3 of which my OS worked on). I also liked the idea of it being very open because I don't think it would get as hot and sweaty as an enclosed brace. I'm leaving for a study abroad at the end of the month and I'll be going somewhere that is much more humid and don't really want to be stuck in an enlosed brace. I'd also like to be able to get it wet (such as going canoeing or swimming) and not have to worry about ruining it or having to wait forever for it to dry.

Has anyone used this brace before or is using it now? What are your opinions of it? Did it support your knee well? Could you get it wet?

Thanks,
Cathy

Offline hinata42691

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: opinions on the bledsoe 20.50 brace?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 04:02:22 AM »
Anyone?