Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Miracle Man Cures Bow Leg  (Read 5775 times)

Offline ok

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Miracle Man Cures Bow Leg
« on: August 05, 2011, 07:57:28 AM »
Recently met a person who claims he can cure bowlegged with stretching exercises.

For example tie knees together with a belt and put pillows between feet.
hold 10 minutes a day.

This will stretch the ligaments and reverse over time from bow leg to knock knee (eventually to straight.)
am afraid to try this, since don't see this recommended by doctors.
any ideas?

Offline subwayknees

• Regular Poster
Re: Miracle Man Cures Bow Leg
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 12:38:58 AM »
How long ago were you born, if you see this guy, before you give him money call him,I have some bridges in New York I would like to sell you.
You can also go the web site of Dr.Bones, who does Hatian voodoo for knee pain, at least with him you get a free voodoo doll when your check clears.

Offline subwayknees

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 12:45:07 AM »
Typo, I meant to say "call me"
DR. Bones still has some voodoo dolls on sale, better hurry before they are gone

Offline Lottiefox

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 10:25:54 AM »
Perhaps not the most welcoming response for a first time poster to log back on and see there subwayknees..... :-\ 

It does sound pretty unlikely that you can "cure" bow legs with stretching! You can improve the length of muscles which will help the function of the legs but you'll never be able to change the lie of your lower limbs through just manipulating muscles. You certainly can't "stretch" ligaments through holding static positions like that. By doing exercises such as clam shells, leg raises etc you can work on glute strength and that will help the "pull" on your knees but I'm afraid that a pillow and band won't reverse bow legs as far as I know!

Lottie
Bilateral patella OA since 2009, no surgeries.
Euflexxa working well x3 to current
Right forefoot CRPS post fusion surgery 2011
Refusing to let the ailing parts stop me....

Offline subwayknees

• Regular Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 03:58:38 PM »
Really, sorry if I offended anyone, it just reminded me of an large slick web site that sells a $2000. earp instrument saying if you use it you will NEVER need knee surgery.  They must have tracked my emailk because I kept gettng emails and then I don't know how, a phone call from them.  I was just suggesting that if iot sounds too good to be true it usually is, and it is unfortunate but where pain and disability are concerned there are a great many con men that come around to make money off suffering.
That said, physical therapy and stretching of muscles can be very useful in some cases but I was suggesting the person who posted be very careful.  It is time for me to take my foot out of my mouth,  By way Dr.Bones afrikana voodoo does promise to take all pain away forever and for those who are so inclined to reunite you with your ex spouse.  In my case I'll pass on that offer too much happier with just a dog.

Offline kneepaincure

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 08:43:42 AM »
Static stretches can help stretch ligaments in the knee (as told to me by a very good doctor) but have no idea if it can correct bowleggedness.. It also depends on how old you are and whether your bones have matured..
Have had tilted kneecaps for many years, and occasional patellar tendinitis.

Offline ok

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 09:25:37 PM »
the corrective surgeries such as closing wedge high tibial osteotomy would stretch the medial ligament and make the outer one lax.

Offline kneepaincure

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 02:56:18 AM »
Where did you meet this 'miracle man' if I may ask?
Have had tilted kneecaps for many years, and occasional patellar tendinitis.

support