Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Lateral Knee Pain  (Read 848 times)

Offline ferris_1972

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Lateral Knee Pain
« on: August 03, 2011, 04:20:09 AM »
Hi all , I am having some lateral knee pain in my left knee. When bending my knee to 90 degrees I feel a burning sensation. If I am sitting down and bend my knee past 90 degrees I get a snapping feeling across the outside of my knee. I have done some research and it seems to be a problem with my LCL. I have not had any trauma to the knee and I do not feel any instability at all at this time. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Shawn
Rupture Patellar Tendon 4/23/05
Repaired 4/29/05
PT Begins 6/1/05
Return to work 9/1/05

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 73
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
Re: Lateral Knee Pain
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 09:28:22 AM »
Hi Shawn,

Pain on the lateral side of the knee can be a number of potential problems and depending on whats wrong with the knee. Sometimes seeing a pyhsio and doing leg muscles strengthening exercises can reduce the knee pain. Might be wise to see an OS to do a physical examination if you have not done so already, so you know what you are dealing with and how to go about treating it.

I had pain and catching on the lateral side of my right knee pre op and during surgery I had my fat pad trimmed and medial plica removed that did get rid of the catching and sharp pain. I did have 2 MRI scans 4 years apart and both came back normal so do not be surprised if your MRI came back normal, if your OS decided to do an MRI scan as there still could be a problem with the knee!

Nick :) {2011} :)
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

support