Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Light knee brace for summer - Mueller or Cho-pat?  (Read 2044 times)

Offline Lightning

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Light knee brace for summer - Mueller or Cho-pat?
« on: August 01, 2011, 01:38:55 AM »
I'm going to have a knee surgery in autumn about the chronic meniscus tears and also have patella tracking problems and chondromalacia.
Knees are not a major problem for the most time, but in August I will have a vacation with a lot of walking and need a light brace for the worst knee to make it less painful.

I liked two braces on the photos and reviews (at least they look like something I could wear all day during vacation, still not sure about wearing with a dress ;D)

Cho-Pat Dual Action Knee Strap (several sizes)
Mueller MAX Knee Strap (one size)

Cho-Pat looks better at photos and Mueller is cheaper. Any advice? Both of them are made by Mueller, but their web-site isn't helpful.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:27:16 AM by Lightning »

Offline allyd

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 34
Re: Light knee brace for summer - Mueller or Cho-pat?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 09:16:25 PM »
I dont have any experience with either brace - but have you talked to your OS or PT about getting fitted for a brace? My OS simply wrote me a perscription and sent me to an appointment with an orthotist. After reviewing my doctor's diagnosis and listening to my symptoms, he pulled a brace (BregPTO) off the shelf, fitted me for it and sent me on my way. (well there was a little more to it, as he made sure it addresed the issues/concerns I needed it for)

By going through the doctor/orthitist I was also able to put through the insurance company - and it really cost me very little.
04/09 RK - Dislocated Patella & Grade III MCL Tear
06/10 RK - Re-Dislocation Patella
09/11 RK - MPFLr + Lateral Lengthening

support