Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Chondromalacia grade III  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Adomas

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Chondromalacia grade III
« on: July 14, 2011, 09:41:00 AM »
Hello,

I am a newbie here. More than 6 months ago I was diagnosed with chondromalacia grade III, as a result of trauma. Before to it I have newer had any knee issues at all (I am 37 years old now). During half a year I have tried many treatment options: NSAID, glucosamine (Ratiopharm), physiotherapy rehabilitation, physical rehabilitation daily. Doctor in biomechanics said me that they do not see any problems in this field - all groups of my muscles are enough long and in good strength. Personally, only glucosamine (1.5g daily) had a positive effect reducing pain. However, it does not eliminate pain fully and on the other hand I should use it permanently each day. On the other hand glucosamine do not reduce the knee popping noise at all. The MRI scan showed chondromalacia grade III on the medial side together with mild synovitis. Now, I have a dilemma, should I proceed with glucosamine, which I feel has only a limited effect for me or look for a surgeon ???

Thanks a lot,

Adomas

Offline chandra

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Chondromalacia grade III
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 10:01:43 PM »
HI..I have grade 2 chodromalacia and tried all medications and physical therapy with no result. Since I have grade 2 I am not eligible for surgery.

Since you have grade 3 you will have couple of options for cartilage regenaration surgery.

1. MACI
2. Denov NT - more suitable for patella

Discuss these options with your doctor and see what he thinks of it.

Offline kscope09

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Chondromalacia grade III
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 06:44:09 PM »
Don't put too much importance on glucosamine.  Remember that whilst it will slow down the process of wear and tear, it isn't a medicine, justy a suppliment.  If your muscles are strong and your mwechanics are good, and there arne't any focal defects then you could last on grade 3 for a good while before you become an athritic.
Feb 08 Inurred right knee
18 months of physio, knee tracking but knee still painful
Aug 09 Scope - Small tear in acl, fragment found in postereo-lateral compartment, suprapatella and lateral plica and small defect in mfc.
May 10 Right knee feeling better but left knee causing trouble as a result o