Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Pain in rear of knee  (Read 876 times)

Offline philipbadknee

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Pain in rear of knee
« on: July 28, 2011, 07:10:05 AM »
Hi I seem to be haveing some pain in the rear of my right knee for 12-6 months and recently 2-3 weeks it seems to be in both knees.
History - about 12 months ago I started experienceing slight to moderate pain in the rear of my right knee, sort of like a tooth ach severity. I had discussed this with my phiso.th. when being treated for another injury March 2011. She likened it to being associated with a ruptered disk I had fixed in 2007. Haven't returned to her since April 2011 but proably will if I receive a recommendation via this post.
More recently I'm doing spin clases (stationary bike) 4-5 times per week for 45-50 minute scessions. My past history is void of any knee problems, and I'm at a loss to understand where this pain is currently comming from. I had taken up spin clases in the last 3-4 months to supplement carido with good results - (30lbs lost in 3 months) however now I'm experiencing pain in the rear of my right knee and I'm unsure if the pain is related to the spin classes or not. The pain is typical and I take no supplements or pain medication. Prior to 2011 I was a very active Yoga practicioner (2-3 yeras) but have returned to weight training again (prior 20 year history)for the past 9 - 10 months with good results. The pain is locialized to the top and rear of the right knee and if I'm performing a seated forward bend (typical yoga stretch) where I place my right foot close to my left thigh to lean forward to perform this stretch, the pain is so sereve that I'm not able to do this, instead as the right foot is then moved down the left leg the pain gets demished and I can perform the stretch with reduced pain .... with the foot at about middle of the left leg. Any suggestions or recommendations I would welcome.
I'm 215-220lbs male, 49 years of age, no prior medical history other then a successful microdisksectomy in 2007, and I use orthotics in my runners for the past 3-4 years maybe 1-2 hours per day.
Thanks 

support