Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Post-op swelling in foot  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Coppica

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Post-op swelling in foot
« on: July 25, 2011, 12:13:11 PM »
Hi, hope I posted this in the right place. I had a Fulkerson Osteotomy and ligament repair on my left knee about ten days ago. In the past few days I've been experiencing a great deal of swelling and tingling in my left foot, along with some bruising. The constant hot/cold sensation combined with uncomfortable prickles of pins and needles has been making it hard to sleep - it gets worse if I lie down flat on the bed but isn't much better in a sitting position. I also can't use my crutches because the swollen left foot drags painfully on the floor. Ironically, my knee is just fine.  ::)

The swelling is large but not red or painful to touch so I'm guessing it's trapped fluid?. I have Raynaud's Syndrome which is probably contributing to the circulation issue. I've tried icing the foot (difficult because I can't reach very well with my leg in a brace), using a heater on my foot, and elevating it. Is there anything else I can do? Is this worth seeing a doctor about or do I just have to grin and bear it? Thanks for any help.