Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: I can't believe it!!!  (Read 788 times)

Offline Cazuk

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
I can't believe it!!!
« on: July 23, 2011, 12:44:40 AM »
Hi all,
Well Last year I fell and tore the medial meniscus in my left knee as the months went on and nearly a year later the other leg was feeling worse that the operated one. I was sent by my GP to the musculoskeletal dept oa NHS hospital. Well after waiting 4 months I finally got my MRI to find that I had a torn medial meniscus in the other knee and Bursitis...I must have done it in the same accident but leaving it so long has made it worse...Well I was told next step would be to see a surgeon and that date would be "OCTOBER" They must be kidding. No way on earth could I wait that long so last week I contacted a private hospital and the operation will be on Tuesday next week...The pain is unbareable and if after seeinf the MRI and the damage they can leave me this long it is terrible.

Caz ???

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 74
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
Re: I can't believe it!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 11:38:49 AM »
Hi Caz,

A very wise move to go private rather then NHS if you can afford it as I had to wait 18 weeks for my scope. I was lucky and was not in too much pain while waiting and was very happy with the medical staff who treated me very nicely once I got to see them. The NHS are excellent with OS's that do both private or NHS just be better if you did not have to wait so long to get treated.

Good luck with your scope on Tuesday, its important to keep on top of your PT post op to recover quicker.

Nick :) {2011} :)
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline Kimberly 77

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
Re: I can't believe it!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 06:51:50 PM »
Glad you got a answer, Finally;) Good Luck with your upcoming surgery.
Right leg amputee.
Osteoarthritis in left knee.
Medial femoral condyle defect, arthoscopy 8-2-10
Grade 3 defects, patella, medial femoral condyle, tibia scoped1-12-2011
Physical theraphy and awaiting microfrature 2-1-12

support