Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: can someone please help with my mri results  (Read 2194 times)

Offline ambervash

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
can someone please help with my mri results
« on: July 21, 2011, 08:15:13 AM »
Hi,

I am a 27 year old female that has had ongoing issues since i injured my knee due to a high impact fall back in 09. The emergeny room i went to did an xray and found i had a transverse patella fracture. I then had ORIF done. Now nearly 2 years later I have had hardware removal, arthroscopy and chondroplasty. My surgeon told me they had missed the cartilage damage and therefore has resulted in grade 3  chondrmalacia of the patella. Three months post hardware removal etc i am still experiencing high level of pain in my medial side of knee and decided to get an MRI, the results are as follows:

1) There are grade 4 cartilagenous degenerative changes involving the weight bearing surfaces of both the medial femoral condyle and the medial tibial plateau with"bone on bone"

2) There is bone marrow oedema of the medial femoral condyle and the medial tibial plateau anteromedially

3) The medial meniscus shows alteration of signal intensity at its posterior root suggestive of a degree of masceration. There is no meniscal tear evident.

4) The body of the meniscus is extruded with truncation of the free margin.

5) There is oedema within the proximal 2/3 of the infrapatellar tendon

6) Grade 4 retropatellar cartilaginous degenerative changes are present involving the medial facet

7) There is minor oedema of the Hoffa's fat pad

8) There is a small bakers cyst.

Can anyone help shed some light on what this all means, and possibly what kind of surgery may be required as  I don't go back to see the surgeon for another month.

Thanks to anyone that could help me out.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 01:27:56 PM by ambervash »

support