Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Microfracture plus stem cells for multiple, large cartilage lesions  (Read 46429 times)

Offline tampaknee

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Microfracture plus stem cells for multiple, large cartilage lesions
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2015, 02:26:05 PM »
I was quoted by one of Dr Saws previous patients that the total cost for treatment  was around $20,000 (US).  I have heard really good things about the procedure from this individual.  Let us know if you get quoted any prices once he reviews your records. 

Offline tlkkkk

• Regular Poster
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2015, 11:39:11 PM »
I was quoted 60000 - 70000 RM, which is around 13k-16k dollars, 9-10k pounds, but also said need a review by Dr Saw himself before an exact figure was put on it, what damage did you friend have and how is their knee now?

Offline Mayou

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2017, 06:00:34 AM »
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 06:03:45 AM by Mayou »

Offline dex

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2017, 08:58:39 PM »
I am back home since a week. Very hard the first couple of days, getting back the normal rhytm, but settling in fine now. I have found a very capable physiotherapist who has experience wiht stemcell patients, so I am in good hands 3 times a week. The rest of the week, I do hydrotherapy in the morning and weight-bearing and muscle-strenghtening exercises in the evening. And like after any other operation there are good days and bad days (but mostly good  :) ) I have my second round of stemcell injections in August and another MRI in oktober. Untill then, it's exercising every day to keep the knee busy so that I will have as little scar tissue as possible.

I stayed in a basic hotel about 10 minutes away from the clinic. Very clean rooms and not expensive (bedroom with double and single bed for 90 ringgit - 22 euros) in a lively neighbourhood. It's called Desa Sri Hartamas hotel. We didn't ask for a discount, because it was already cheap. Taxifare was 8 ringgit one way.

Brian, I will email you.

Hi Mayou,

When you were looking for a phisiotherapist who had experience with stemcell patients, how did you find him/her? Was by reference of another patient? Thank you!

support