Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ACI/AMZ  (Read 840 times)

Offline Mish12

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
ACI/AMZ
« on: July 20, 2011, 07:01:53 PM »
Can anyone give me info on what to expect post op with this procedure. I will need both knees done but since the rt causes more pain that's the one Iam doing first. I will be having the surgery in Sept. Iam the type of person who likes to have every detail planed out and this seems to not be able to do pre op and it's driving me crazy. Any tips on how to do things on your own while being nwb?Any equipment to help me out? I was told xlg bandaids once surgical dressing comes off and I have not seen any. The Dr's PA doesn't have any places they can be found but acts like every store has them. Knowing the types of meds they give post op freak me out as too how much pain I will have. I really think it will help since my life has come to all but a hault. I can no longer go for my walks with the dog. It's like a big deal to work a full week. I was told I could drive after 2 weeks but really don't know if that is possible, has anyone had this issue? I have been told different answers now that my surgery has been schd. My you can go to work in 2 weeks ( the web site says 1 week) now has been explained as maybe 2 weeks if desk job and have to really get back to work. Can anyone give me the heads up to what I signed up for. I know what involved rehab is since I had a muscle transfer on both knees at different times in my life. I started my knee issues when I was 11 or 12 that was my 1st of many scopes. Between both knees I have had over 10 surgeries.

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 379
  • Neelie knee!
Re: ACI/AMZ
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 08:08:20 PM »
Very extensive post-op diary here to read  http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=53410.0

Good luck
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

support