Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Complete tear of PCL and grade 2 MCL  (Read 659 times)

Offline nick246

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Complete tear of PCL and grade 2 MCL
« on: July 19, 2011, 05:53:05 PM »
Hi all

This is the first post i have done so bear with me, two months ago playing football i went into a tackle got the ball which is alwasy good  :) but my left knee bent back on itself and went to the left where i then heard a ripping sound after this i hit the floor  left knee first and was sprung up off the floor by my knee and landed on my back during this time i heard a further bigger ripping sounds and pop. Looking up expecting to see my shin sticking out of leg but it wasn't thank god. went to get up and hit the deck again excruciating pain.
Went straight to A and E x -ray straight leg splint and cruchtes, i was then refered onto orthopedics and a MRI which showed the complete rupture of the PCL and grade 2 of the MCL. 2 months on i am back at work on light duties as i work for the police and i am unsure of when i can return i am having intensive physio and go to the gym 5 times a week and it has greatly improved the quad and hamstrings with some pain still though.
But in the back of my mind i am questioning if it would just be best to have an operation? any in put would be much appreciated as i am pretty confused thank u in advance