Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Left Knee Surgery #2  (Read 798 times)

Offline mommyvix30

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Left Knee Surgery #2
« on: July 13, 2011, 04:27:44 PM »
FINALLY a decision about my left knee... a little backround 07 surgery for bilateral minisuc tear and LR...Feb 2011 severe pain in left knee again, April MRI done no tears but shows bone bruises on the tibia and fibia no known cause, late June Bone scan comes back normal...OS decides I will be having another surgery on Monday the 18th he is going to do a LRR, shave down the bone and do any other repairs that are needed. After 5 months of pain and not knowing what is going on with my knee I will hopefully have some answers on Monday and maybe some releif. Has anyone ever had the bone shaved? This sounds super creepy to me. I have had the LR so I'm not to concerned with that part. Thanks everyone!! ;D
02/2007 - Lft knee pain started
05/2007 - arthoscopy bilateral minscus tear and later release
02/2011 - reoccuring lft knee pain
05/2011 - MRI - shows bone bruising, no tears
06/2011 - Bone Scan Result Normal
07/11/2011 - OS apointment
07/18/2011 - surgery left knee LRR, bone shave, and repair

Offline Kimberly 77

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
Re: Left Knee Surgery #2
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 04:56:48 PM »
I think they call the shaving chondroplasty abrasion. I have had that kind of surgery twice now. The first wasn't so extensive so I handled the recovery ok. The second was extensive and I was completely unable to walk for about 3 weeks and then could only walk with lots of pain. neither of my scopes were sucessful at relieving my pain, I think they may have helped with some of the catching I had before but that is it. People with small defects usually do good after this but if your defect is large it probably wont help much. Mine were large and deep so I am guessing that is why I am exactly where I was before the surgeries. Good Luck and I hope your outcome is much better than mine!
Right leg amputee.
Osteoarthritis in left knee.
Medial femoral condyle defect, arthoscopy 8-2-10
Grade 3 defects, patella, medial femoral condyle, tibia scoped1-12-2011
Physical theraphy and awaiting microfrature 2-1-12

support