Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Please Need Help with Advice  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Milly93

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Please Need Help with Advice
« on: July 25, 2011, 06:49:18 PM »
Had Menusicis tear and Recontructive Knee Surgery on September of 2010. Surgery went excellent, recovery went great. Physical therapy went great as well. I was exited out of PT on February, and since then I have been working out on my own. I haven't had any complaints. However this past Thursday I was walking my Children's bikes over to the front porch. It's on a walk way and the  sides have grass. I didn't notice I was walking on the edge and my foot (Ankle) twisted side ways (1/2 to 1 Inch path to side of grass). And since then I felt kind of weired. Where I had the surgery,  where the scope was placed I have a sore feeling and the back of my knee is feeling weird as well. My upper hip feels pressure. And I just want to know can that tear the graft or tear maybe the Meniscus. It was not painful when it happened because I was just walking, slowly. Could it be sore? I did workout on Saturday and Monday and I really don't have pain when working out.  My leg feels strong. I'm laying down now and it doesn't feel it's usual self. Can you please tell me what you may think, and what is it just by the events I have given to you. Thanks!

Offline Lottiefox

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 16
Re: Please Need Help with Advice
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 09:56:55 PM »
What did you have reconstructed? Anterior Cruciate ligament?
Bilateral patella OA since 2009, no surgeries.
Euflexxa working well x3 to current
Right forefoot CRPS post fusion surgery 2011
Refusing to let the ailing parts stop me....

Offline Milly93

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 02:02:23 AM »
ACL Reconstructive Surgery and Meniscus Repair

Offline Snowy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 93
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 07:46:28 AM »
At this point your ACL graft should be pretty secure - you're well past the point where it's vulnerable and at risk from lateral movement. Most likely you've just tweaked the joint a bit with the misstep, but if the pain and feelings of discomfort persist I would definitely get it checked out just to be on the safe side. If it feels strong and stable and the pain continues to diminish chances are that it's fine, but it's much better to be safe than sorry when it comes to knees - especially one that you've invested months of rehab in!
Mar 11: R Biceps femoris tear (skiing)
Jul 10: ACLr (hamstring autograft)
Mar 10: L ACL rupture (skiing)
Feb 06: L partial ACL tear (kickboxing)
Dec 03: R bone edema (motorbike)
Jan 01: R patellar chip (motorbike)
May 93: R ACL sprain (hockey)
Ongoing: bilateral PFS and OA