Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Can someone please help me?  (Read 829 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


  • Guest
Can someone please help me?
« on: July 17, 2011, 08:52:03 PM »
I am desperately looking for an answer as to what tourniquet device this is?

Sorry for the awful illustration.

In surgery, this was put on the leg (thigh) and the screws were tightened before the air was pumped in to make the seal and tourniquet. Sadly, in this case the screws were tightened too far and there was some nerve damage.

I really need to know urgently if anyone has any idea at all as to what this is? Regular, exhaustive searches for tourniquets have found nothing and now it is a malpractice issue.

Thanks in advance for your time, even if you do not know how to help me.

Offline eaglemom

  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • *****
  • Posts: 741
  • Liked: 1
Re: Can someone please help me?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 09:04:05 PM »
I'll ask the obvious question - call the surgeon who did the procedure.  He will give you the information.  eagle


  • Guest
Re: Can someone please help me?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 09:12:03 PM »
Sadly this is not the case. The tool looks like it belongs around Hannibal Lecter's head, not a thigh and because of the damage, the leg has experienced paralysis. Much research has revealed that the usual method is not this rigid, segmented device with screws, so there is a suspicion that this was improvised and not necessarily even designed for its purpose. The hospital is denying culpability, so there is a dilemma. I need to find out what this is, so I can show that it was used incorrectly, or at least adjusted improperly. I do appreciate your time.