Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Can anyone tell me Is it advisable to have surgery done on my knees..  (Read 1831 times)

Offline robhingston

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
I never had surgery, Is it advisable to have surgery done on my knees?
Robert Hingston
male
aged 43
Had accident on knees aged 19.

MRI of 2011 of Left knee report.
I Have Complete ACL tear. Medial meniscal tear. Tibial contusion. Early tricompartmental chondropathy
especially of the medial compartment..

MRI of 2011 of Right knee report.
I Have Complete ACL tear. Medial meniscal tear's.  Early medial compartment chondropathy,
both knee the the remaining compartments appear unremarkable .There is No baker's cyst or Joint effusion and the rest of the knee's appear normal..

When I was younger I use to do the sports until knee tear
in 1987 all I was told by the hospital was rest and your be allright, up until now I been able to live some kind of a normal life cycling 20 miles most days of the week and walking even a little running and some weight training on My knees: By the way I have had my knees lock up and swollen up maybe 20 times in them 23 years, But I do on most days get a nagging pain in my knees but nothing so bad that stops from living my life, I only really strat to realise nagging pain in my knees when sitting down on lying down but when I am  working or being in a activity then forget about my knees altogether . Is it advisable to have surgery done on my knees .....

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 376
  • Neelie knee!
Personally, I'd say no if the knees aren't interfering with your life at the moment.  What surgery has actually been recommended?

Just keep the muscles strong and good luck.   :)
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

Offline robhingston

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Personally, I'd say no if the knees aren't interfering with your life at the moment.  What surgery has actually been recommended?

Just keep the muscles strong and good luck.   :)

no surgery has been recommended..
Vickster thanks for your post and advise

Offline eaglemom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
If you can get along - personally, I'd not do any surgery.  Surgery, IMO is when the knees are totally interfering with life - and ruining it.  Again, my opinion.  eagle

Offline Lourie Cottam

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • A miss is as good as a mile.
    • vibram five fingers singapore
If it doesn't affect your normal life, personally I think you'd better not have a surgery. It will take a long time to recover after the surgery.
[Spam link removed by KNEEguru]

support