Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Partially Torn Patella Tendon---Looking for Help  (Read 2056 times)

Offline nyknba

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Partially Torn Patella Tendon---Looking for Help
« on: July 04, 2011, 01:39:28 AM »
I have been dealing with knee pain for almost half my life (I am 26)  The problem I have is a partially torn patella tendon.  The pain is very severe where the tendon attaches to the knee cap.  The pain is really bad right below the knee cap. Climbing stairs, getting out of a chair, running ,and jumping, and touching this area causes pain. I've done everything, ice, heat, physical therapy, prolotherapy, PRP, and rest but nothing seems to help.

My surgeon has given me the option for surgery to correct the problem however said there is only a 60-70% chance it will get better.  These odds are making me second think going through with it.

Has anyone else had this surgery?  Did you have success?  Based on the odds my surgeon gave, if you were me would you try it?  I feel like I'm too young to give up on my knee problems and I want to get back to basketball and soccer.

Anyone have any insight?

Offline John42

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 211
  • Complete Ruptered Patella Tendon 9 Jan 2003
    • Chat with SylviaK4221
Re: Partially Torn Patella Tendon---Looking for Help
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 07:39:53 PM »
Hi Just seen your post of July 4th.   Suggest that you repost on the Ruptured Patella Tendon thread

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=8389.new;topicseen#new

I am surprised that your OS has not suggested an operation to reattach the tendon to the patella (kneecap), regardless of the fact that you have only sustained a partial tear.

Have the operation - it wont cure all ills, but you should be a lot better off at the end of the day.

What physio are you having?    Where do you live?

Best wishes
JohnK/ Manchester UK
Ruptured Patella Tendon January 9 2003
Slipped on black ice.  Manchester UK

Complete Ruptured Tendon

support