Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Lateral Release Complications  (Read 1070 times)

Offline jamesm11

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Lateral Release Complications
« on: July 01, 2011, 01:47:51 PM »
about 10 days ago i had a lateral release surgery at 21 years old.  I had tried rehab and everything else for about a year before i had the surgery.  Anyways, my surgery was incredibly painful.  After about a 5 days I was in such sever pain that I went to the ER.  The resident doctor aspirated my knee (released some blood) with a large needle and sent me home.  Four days later I was in such severe pain that I had to go back.  It turns out the resident forgot my name and didn't tell my surgeon that I had showed up to teh ER in pain.  They tried again to aspirate my knee but nothing came out.  Upon and X-Ray they found a blood clot the size of a baseball in my knee, causing pain and pressure.  I had to go into the OR immediately to get it removed.  This means that I had 2 knee surgeries in 8 days, not fun.

It turns out the doctor gave me the incorrect asiprin dosage, resulting in my blood clotting and the pain.  So I was wondering if anyone else had a similar complication?  If so, can you recommend any steps to improve the healing?  Two arthroscopic surgeries later and 6 incisions in my knee has left me in a lot of pain. 

Offline Fathead D

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: Lateral Release Complications
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 04:34:21 PM »
Sorry you had to go through so much.  It sucks when doctors screw up.  I would be very carefull with your knee and ice the crap out of it and follow your doctor's instructions to the T. 

11/29/2010 Lateral Release left knee
1/2011 Cortizone injection left knee
4/1/2011 Lateral Release right knee
5-6/2011 Supartz injection series (5)
12/12/2011 TTT and Lateral Release repair left knee