Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Sharp pain in left knee  (Read 603 times)

Offline mfittall

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Sharp pain in left knee
« on: June 30, 2011, 11:40:04 AM »
I was wondering if anyone can offer some advice.. I've injured my knee either playing badminton or doing lunges, it started off as a dull ache behind the knee but has now developed into a very sharp pain. The pain only occurs in certain positions, if i stand with feet sholders width apart and bend to a crouch position there is no pain, however if i go to get out of a chair and put pressure on my left knee or if i lean towards my left knee for example during a right calf stretch there is an acute pain behind the knee. I can walk, run and usually walk upstairs with no pain... Can anyone shed any light on what it might be??

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 372
  • Neelie knee!
Re: Sharp pain in left knee
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 11:55:15 AM »
Could be all manner of things.  best advice is to see a doctor or physio.  How long has it been going on - do you have swelling?  The fact you can run and walk and 'do' stairs suggests more of a strain than anything torn.  I'd say to ice the knee and avoid all exercises than cause the pain until it has been checked - you don't want to make a slight pull or strain into something more serious
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

Offline mfittall

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Sharp pain in left knee
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 10:21:59 AM »
I've had the injury for about 3 weeks, there has been no swelling.
I just get pain when I have extra weight on the left leg and the knee approaches being above the toes when bending

support