Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 2 weeks after Arthroscopy and still swollen  (Read 1181 times)

Offline spblax

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
2 weeks after Arthroscopy and still swollen
« on: June 22, 2011, 03:56:04 PM »
i had an arthroscopy 2 weeks ago to diagnose my left knee after injured in a soccer game...OS said it was just a Partial PCL Tear and all other things like ACL,MCL and mensci are intatct (Thank god) i went home next day and after 7 days stiches were removed.

the thing is at that time one puncture wound out of two, seemed swollen underneath and aching when i touch or try bend the knee (wound is recovered not infected). OS said it will be alright and prescribed sm medicine and PT.

after 14 days now its is still the same for that punture wound and it still aches when i try to press it or try to bend knee more than 100 degrees and it feels Hot.

is this normal??? what should i do??

i want to be at grounds soon again...!
please reply

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 100
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: 2 weeks after Arthroscopy and still swollen
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 12:08:11 PM »
Hi
Arthroscopy 'portals' can bother one for some time. If it feels hot then it suggests there may be some infection, but as long as the wound is dry your doctor is probably right that it will settle. Best to seek help if the would becomes weepy.
KNEEguru
--
KNEEguru

Offline Fathead D

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 04:07:27 PM »
If the wound is red or hot I would be concerned about infection.  When I had my scope I was swollen for over a month and had to get it drained.  Just keep an eye on it and keep the Dr informed on its progress.
11/29/2010 Lateral Release left knee
1/2011 Cortizone injection left knee
4/1/2011 Lateral Release right knee
5-6/2011 Supartz injection series (5)
12/12/2011 TTT and Lateral Release repair left knee

Offline spblax

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 07:02:21 AM »
Thnx all for replyn..
It has been 6 weeks after the surgry now.
As u said my wound is cmpltly healed. But still there is that little swellin..and feel like a small lump..and the swelin area dsnt feel much when touchin. It is not reddend and theres a little bit of heat some time on that...
Why it is getin so long.? And i cnt stil bend my knee fully.OS said it was only a partial tear in PCL at arthroscopic diagnostc.
altogether 4 months gone.but no significant improvement of bendin knee fully.it hurt badly when i kneel down or run side ways..plz reply..!