Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Suspected DVT in opposite leg  (Read 581 times)

Offline Cazuk

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Suspected DVT in opposite leg
« on: June 22, 2011, 02:01:01 PM »
Hi all,
July last year I had an arthroscopy in my left leg after a fall. Well it wasn't until Jan 2011 that I returned to work. After returning to work that left leg was still giving me problems with pain and a steroid injection was injected in March. Since then my left operated leg has been ok with minor pain twinges. It is now my Other "Good" Right leg which has pain so bad on standing and walking and even laying down at night that becomes unbearable. I am now walking with a walking stick to assist the walking to and from work.
I was referred to have a Musculoskeletal assessment on 31st May and after being examined the person there thought I had a suspected DVT I was given heparin as a precautionary measure until a doppler scan next morning... This was found to be ok even though that calf was slightly bigger than the other....Then an ordinary Xray was done this showed a slight gap in knee...but nothing unusual so report said.. I am now awaiting MRI on 5th July...
I am now so fed up and soon it will be christmas and no answer....
Can it be that because this leg was inuse more when the other was operated on that it has over compensated?

Has anyone else gone through this?

Thanks

Caz
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 02:11:28 PM by Cazuk »