Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Baker's Cyst 7 weeks post-op  (Read 1017 times)

Offline HovaK

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Baker's Cyst 7 weeks post-op
« on: June 08, 2011, 05:21:17 PM »
I had surgery for my terrible triad 7 weeks ago. (Allograph ACL, partial meniscectomy on lateral menicus, repair on medial meniscus)
Surgeon cleared me last week for some very light jogging (3-4 minutes).
I was able to do it without a problem, no pain, no swelling.

Jogged on Friday and again on sunday.  It felt great.

On monday night, i felt a tightness behind my knee as i layed in bed.  Woke up in the morning with a Baker's Cyst behind my knee.  Lovely present to wake up to :)

Anyone have any experience with this?  To early to jog?  Did the repair not take? Did I tear something else?

Offline Kimberly 77

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
Re: Baker's Cyst 7 weeks post-op
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 10:24:07 PM »
Bakers cyst are just caused by swelling in the knee. The fluid is pushed out between the spaces into a pocket and forms a cyst. It could be that jogging caused some irritation and caused some swelling. They say that once the knee issue is cleared up these cyst go away. 7 weeks post op is still early and some swelling could still be present from surgery. I would rest, ice, elevate, and compress for a few days and if no improvement you should check in with your surgeon. Also be aware that a blood clot can mimic a bakers cyst and anytime you have knee surgery you are at higher risk of forming a blood clot.
Right leg amputee.
Osteoarthritis in left knee.
Medial femoral condyle defect, arthoscopy 8-2-10
Grade 3 defects, patella, medial femoral condyle, tibia scoped1-12-2011
Physical theraphy and awaiting microfrature 2-1-12