Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Possible Undiognosed MLC Tear after TPF Surgery  (Read 3792 times)

Offline ErnestRockyFire

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Possible Undiognosed MLC Tear after TPF Surgery
« on: June 05, 2011, 04:45:39 AM »
 Hi my name is Ernest, on March 12, 2011 after coming home from a party I hopped over the 3 foot fence to the front of my house as to avoid opening the gate, little did I know that by doing so I would land inproperly on my left leg bending my knee inwards thus causing a tibial plateau fracture. The following morning I the went to the Hospital where the Dr. diognosed me with a TPF and scheduled me for surgery 10 days later as to allow the swelling to go down on my knee. On the 23 of March I had the surgery (plate w/5 screws on the inner side of my tibia) and was released 2 days later. I spent the next 2 months in a splint and a pair of crutches to move about, then on May 11th I saw the Dr. and had the splint removed, he said that I can begin weight bearing progessively first just with the toes, then with all of my foot but both crutches, and eventually I am at the point where I can move about with just a cane and put about 80% of weight on the affected leg with no pain and have minimal swelling of my ankle and the inner side of my knee. Everything seems to be going accordingly, I mean I can fully extend my knee with no pain or my knee locking, I can fully bend my knee with just a little disconfort, and I didn't developed arthrofibrosis THANK GOD!!! However my concern NOW ( a week before the Dr said I can begin full weight bearing) is I seem to be experiencing a bit of leg instability on the affected leg when putting more weight on the leg and/or walk without the cane. There's very little pain almost non-existent but its kind of like it slightly shifts inward a little before locking into place. I asked the Dr. what It might be the last time that I saw and he vaguely said that it might just be a ligament that needs to be strengthened but didn't specify which one. After I left not being satisfied with his answer I did a little research on the internet and found out that I might have an MCL Tear. I hope the Dr. is right and that I'm just being paranoid, if ANYONE that might have gone through with the same can clear any of these doubts out PLEASE reply to this post, any  information will be GREATLY appriciated THAK YOU and I hope some can HELP !!!

support